Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Birthday Surprise

I am so proud of myself. I pulled off the best birthday surprise yet. I hustled to the last minute to make Saturday a wonderful day for my mother. It was her 58th birthday. I know, not a mild stone but it was something that was well needed.

We ordered BBQ from Poor Pollocks catering, a cake from Julies Cupcake Kitchen, wonderful dips from Tastefully Simple, and lots of fruit.

The most touching thing of the evening was my husband and my mother. My husband worked really hard all day to make sure that the yard was in perfect shape for the party. My mother told him thanks for doing such a wonderful job on it and he told her that it was not a problem because she was worth it. This brought tears to her eyes. Which in turn made me cry. My mom is not a very sentimental person but this party really got to her. I was so excited that it was such a success.

4 comments:

Frannie said...

how cute!! what a fun surprise for your mom!

"J" said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Happy Birthday Mom!!!!! =)

I'm trying to catch up on my blog and everyone elses! It's been crazy!

I have so much to tell you! We need to hook up!

There was some drama with the Ohio bunch! Plus a little drama with Mr S ex! I feel so bad for Lil Miss H!

I'm glad your mom had a GREAT party!!!!!!!

Yummy Tummy Treats said...

We do need to get together. I want to hear all about it. I am going to try to post some pictures of the shells that I have so you can see if you want to use some for your shower after you guys get back.

Sorry we didnt get together while Little "H" was here. Anthony got a stomach bug and wasnt feeling well most of the week.

I can try to get with you next week. I will call you tomorrow. Maybe we can do lunch.

Anonymous said...

awww... that was a sweet story. :)